Monday, April 22, 2013

No Poo Shampoo

Awhile back I posted about making laundry soap and body wash.  I then started using dilute apple cider vinegar as a conditioner, which I absolutely LOVE! Well my next big experiment is baking soda shampoo, or "no poo" in the natural living communities.  After reading about it I decided to give it a try.  I knew it would take awhile for my head to adjust to the lack of chemicals but I was confident I could make it through the transition.  Well I'm a week into it and absolutely hate the way my looks.  Its is so nasty/dirty/caked with goo that I have to keep it up and wear a head band.  I posted about it on the natural living community blog I read and the responses were either "I gave up before I made it though the transition" or "stick with it and you will love it." I also learned the transition can take up to a month :-( I thought it was a week.  Well I am determined to stick with it. I wear my hair up most of the time anyway, and the head band keeps my bangs out of my eyes.  So wish me luck and if you use the "no poo" method I would love to hear how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment