Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tuned In or Tuned Out

Do you ever get the feeling we are more connected to our electronics then we are to each other? I first considered this when I was bummed that there were no pins on Pinterest or feeds on Facebook in the hour since I had last checked. I considered it again when i tried to make justifications for why I checked my social media so much.

In reality I don't spend a whole lot of time with electronics because I work in a environment that does not allow it. I don't have my cell phone on me at work, and I don't work with computers that have Internet access. But the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night is check my various social media sites.

That alone isn't too bad, what is bad is the amount of time G and I spend in front of the TV. Him watching shows (which I consider dumb) and me on the computer because I don't like what's on TV. We are in the some room side by side and completely tuned out.

That is one of the reasons I am really excited for our weekends away hiking or at the beach. No Internet, no TV just good old human interaction :-) Can you tell I'm looking forward to this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment