Friday, September 20, 2013

Antique Decor

One of the upsides to moving back home is the chance to sort through boxes of old stuff.  I know that doesn't sound very exciting but most of these long lost treasures belonged to my gradparents.
I'm not the best at picking design elements for my home so I tried really hard to make things look tasteful and not like a bunch of random items laying around the house.
I'm not sure if any of this is actually antique, or has any real monitary value, but it old and im my opinion interesting.

My grandmother sent me these embroidered framed fllowers when I first moved out. Since the red flower matches the color theme I decided to hang them up. The utensils on the wall above the stove were made to be decorations and not actully used so I added those as well.
These old sewing items would be the perfect decore for a sewing room. Since I don't have one they get a place on my mantle when the year around decore is out.
These next two photos are of completly random items and toys. A few of these items can even be found on ebay.

I don't know if anyone out there reading would consider any of these items decor, but I had a fun time putting them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment