Thursday, February 7, 2013

T-shirt Upcycle Take 2

This is my second attempt at a t-shirt up cycle, the last one I made I liked, but I like the fit of my favorite tank top more, so this time I used it for the pattern.  I started out with this grey t-shirt...
I laid my tank top on the t-shirt and traced around it the front...
 Here is the outline...
 I then cut the sleeves off, I will sew the sides before I cut along the sides...
 Then I turned the t-shirt over and traced the back...
 I then carefully cut out the back side only...
I sewed along the sides and trimmed excess material.  Hanging up my tank looks like this, it is cut like my favorite tank in a racer back style, but it doesn't have the tie in the back that my last tank top had.
This is the last tank, I really like it but the tie in back makes doing sit-ups or any exercise where you press your back against something uncomfortable for me, which prompted me to create this new design :-)  It is more work because it involves sewing where as the original design did not, but 2 lines of stitches isn't too bad.

There you have it my new t-shirt to tank top upcycle :-)

~Sara






No comments:

Post a Comment