Monday, February 25, 2013

The Guitar Upcycle Adventure

I have been a musician most my life, I started plying music when I was 10, one of my most loved instruments is the guitar.  I have some really cool guitar upcycles on the internet, but I all my guitars are for playing I could never dismantle them, so when I found this free guitar I jumped on the chance to try a guitar up cycle!  It is a pretty cute guitar, even if pink guitars aren't really my cup of tea.

The biggest challenge though? How do you take apart a guitar with destroying it?  One project need the  body with the top removed, another calls for the top and neck.  After doing some research I have found a heat gun is what is used to melt the glue and pull apart the pieces.  Well, I have a heat gun so lets give this project a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment